We are currently looking for one unique and talented individual to join our Direct Mail Production Department. Chapman Cubine + Hussey’s award winning teams in Washington, D.C., and San Francisco design campaigns that help our nonprofit clients stay one step ahead. Our client list includes: EMILY’s List, NARAL, AARP Foundation and more. The Production Manager 2 will report to a Senior Production Director and requires 3 to 5 of production experience. S/he will be responsible for the production efforts of major clients and all complex and demanding projects. This employee will supervise one or more members of the production staff. S/he will have production, administrative, and research responsibilities, and works with other staff and the management team to promote the overall success of the company. The Production Manager 2 will be expected to:
· Understand and manage the production process on any package.
· Negotiate with Postal Authorities on postal disputes
· Negotiate with vendors regarding disputed invoices, prices or responsibility for errors.
· Create budget and keep packages on budget.
· Recommends cost savings steps and offer solutions or alternatives to Production problems.
· Leads the Client Service Team in all Production issues.
· Keeps updated on Postal Regulations.
· Contributes to the development of junior staff by leading a variety of training sessions (i.e., retreat, MBA, DM 101, etc.)
· Able to negotiate contract pricing for major client programs.
· Provides assistance on development of new client proposals.
· Takes a leadership role in researching new industry technology.
· Have effective personnel management.
· Have excellent oral and written communication.
· Be able to set priorities for him/herself and others and display good organization skills.
· Possess excellent crisis management skills.
· Assists junior staff in meeting the goals outlined in their evaluations.
· Use Microsoft Office and in-house software.
· Have a high standard for Accuracy.
· Deal professionally with clients and staff.
· Display company leadership through innovated ideas to improve the company’s production process and profitability
Please email a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. Use the subject line: DC Production Manager 2. No phone calls. CCAH is an EEOE.