Marketing / Business Development Intern
Job Title: Intern (Sept-January)
Location: 300 Creek View Rd Newark, Delaware
Category: Sales Department – Non Management
Career Level: Entry
Compensation: Paid. Rate of pay will be a mix of hourly ($10-14) plus bonus potential.
Summary: Primarily responsible for marketing, promoting and products. Also responsible for increasing business by generating appointments with new customers and introducing products to existing customers. (10-15 hours per week)
Position Description: Duties and Responsibilities:
• Markets, promotes, demonstrates products and increases business through product demonstration to customers.
• Prospects for new accounts within a specified geographical territory.
• Pursues product applications utilizing personal knowledge, internal specialists or other internal resources, vendor representatives and other available sources.
• Establishes and maintains customer relationships. Learns and evaluates customer operations to aid in identifying customer objectives, requirements and preferences.
• Provides continuous follow up throughout the customer's purchasing cycle.
• Gathers and reports to management information regarding the company, competitors, pricing, products and assists management and vendors in planning, tracking and implementing marketing strategies to develop new customers.
• Achieves and maintains technical capabilities at required levels, attends customer seminars, schools and special promotions and participates in sales meetings, vendor seminars and training schools to enhance and maintain personal and product knowledge.
• Ability to exhibit a positive, friendly and helpful attitude with customers and to be sensitive to their needs.
• Able to meet deadlines.
• Excellent attendance record required.
Qualifications: Currently enrolled in a four (4) year College or University seeking a degree in Marketing and/or Business Development.
Language Skills: Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and staff to make an accurate assessment of customer needs. Ability to create and make presentations.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations required to accurately complete assigned tasks.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Ability to use sound judgment and problem solving skills to analyze customer problems and to recommend the proper course of action. Ability to organize and prioritize job projects and requirements.
Firsttec MTC’s has a global headquarters in Shanghai, China, with a US headquarters in Newark, Delaware. Firsttec MTC specializes in SAP Consulting, and creating custom solutions to achieve business goals and objectives. We have been a SAP Certified Gold Partner since 2012, and have become one of the biggest master VAR (Value Added Reseller) in the Asian market. In 2015, we expanded our business in the US to provide our global customers better implementation and support service. Firsttec MTC serves customers from Top Fortune 500 companies to local SME covering a wide range of the industries including, but not limited to manufacturing, chemical, distribution, FMCG, agricultural, food processing, catering and E