Marketing Internship Opportunity
Safe Spaces Program
Salisbury University, in partnership with the Maryland Commission on Civil Rights, offers Safe Spaces education to promote sexual orientation and gender identity/gender expression diversity and inclusion in businesses, agencies, organizations and colleges and universities within the state of Maryland. Our workshops are an innovative, dynamic, hands-on approach to creating safe spaces thus reducing the unwelcome and sometimes hostile environments in which Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex and Asexual people navigate their daily lives.
Objective: The Marketing Intern will be responsible for developing a complete marketing system to include a campaign strategy, promotional materials and possibly a social media presence for both on- and off-campus audiences.
Reports to: Dr. Diane Illig, Sociology Department, Salisbury University
Primary responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Create advertising and promotional materials including electronic, print and, perhaps, social media.
• Develop a Safe Spaces website to be launched from the Sociology Department website at Salisbury University.
• Write advertising copy for use by publication, broadcast or internet media.
• All materials must be created to allow for ease in future updates.
• Must be available for a minimum of 10 hours per week for 10 weeks.
• Detail oriented.
• Creative, graphic design experience helpful.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as a team.
Application Instructions: Submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information by email to Dr. Diane Illig email@example.com. In the Subject line please write “Marketing Intern”