CAREER CONNECTIONS Link:
Have you ever planned a boat trip? If so, you know how difficult it is to find and compare marinas. Even more difficult is booking a slip once you find a marina you like. We hear your frustration. That’s why we developed Snag-A-Slip — the fastest and easiest way to explore marinas and book slips from your desktop or mobile device.
To learn more about us, please visit: https://snagaslip.com/
Business Development Representative
101 West Dickman St. Suite 300
Baltimore, Maryland, MD 21230
Help us grow our network of awesome marinas, so that our boaters can explore more great destinations! This role is responsible for researching potential marina partners, and then making a connection that generates their interest in partnering with Snag-A-Slip. You will work closely with all areas of the business to identify opportunities, refine selling points and share helpful information with prospects and our local sales teams. The Business Development Representative will work closely with the Director of Sales in order to meet goals and benchmarks, so that we can open new markets and offer our boaters an amazing marina network that suits every need.
- Find awesome marinas! Work closely with the Snag-A-Slip team and industry partners to identify potential marina targets;
- Track the decision makers. Identify key decision-makers and influencers at marina properties by searching internal, external and social media outlets for contact information;
- Make a connection. Use a variety of sales tools, including email blasts and cold calling, to connect with prospective partners and schedule appointments with decision makers;
- Generate interest. Share Snag-A-Slip’s value for both the marina and the boaters we serve, overcome objections and schedule follow-up calls for the local sales team.
- Create a pipeline. Work closely with Director of Sales to create qualified pipeline opportunities;
- Maintain the pipeline. Work closely with the business development team to keep our CRM contact database current. Help support sales operations by ensuring marina data is current, communications are logged, important documents are attached in the CRM system and leads are assigned to the correct sales representative;
- Share your leads. Help our local team schedule visits with interested marinas, and share any relevant information with sales that will help them close the deal;
- Be part of the team. Work with counterparts in business development, marketing, customer service and product development to learn the business, refine sales points, draft message points, create materials and share them as needed.
- Have fun. Join the marketing and sales team at special events to build industry relationships and demo products as needed.
- Degree in Business, Entrepreneurship, Economics, Liberal Arts, or a related field of study and/or related professional experience;
- Superior speaking and writing skills, strong analytical skills, and data-driven thinking;
- Customer focused attitude - you make customers and their needs a primary focus of your actions;
- High work standards - you assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing tasks; you self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Experience with CRM Software and proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills;
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a can-do attitude that is interested in a startup environment
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to Brian Arnold and Tara Burkhart: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org