We posted a newly created position within my division and it is an excellent opportunity for someone that will graduate this May or that graduated last year. If you can share this with your top students, that would be great. We are looking to conduct interviews in February/March 2018. The candidates would be required to go to our website and complete the online application: https://www.peninsula.org/employment-opportunities/analyst-data
Under the supervision of the Manager, Strategy & Business Development, the Business Analyst, will be responsible for the analysis and reporting of complex financial, clinical, economic, and market data to support effective management and decision making across the health system. This position plays a critical role in the organization strategic planning and business development process. This position is also responsible for the coordination of the development and maintenance of information used to complete business and financial plans, community benefit and health needs assessments, market research, service lines operation planning and system strategic plan. This position is required to research and develop analytics for strategic and operational planning purposes.
Education and Demands
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or Marketing – candidates for graduation in May acceptable.
Must be able to organize effectively, work under restraints of time and pressure while maintaining accuracy.
Must communicate effectively.
Must accept change on a routine basis.
Memory for details is essential.
Must be able to review and critically analyze data to ensure accuracy.
Responsible for proper care of equipment and safeguarding sensitive data
Exempt = Day shift: Monday – Friday. Possible overtime and weekend as required. May be need to work holidays.
1) Prepares pro formas, financial feasibility studies and other planning analyses for the evaluation of potential new services and products consistent with the Strategic Business Plan Development, Approval and Monitoring Process. Approximately 30% of responsibilities.
· Works with others in the organization to collect and prepare information for the process.
· Prepares demand projections and/or utilization statistics including market, clinical and other assumptions.
· Prepares pro formas and other financial analytical tools including preliminary revenue and expense tables as necessary for decision-making.
2) Assists in the development of Service Line Strategic & Operational Plans and portfolio analysis identified in the Strategic Plan and by Management. Approximately 30% of responsibilities.
· Meets with service line Managers and others in the development of these analyses and plans.
· Assist in preparation of service line briefs including scope of services, volumes and utilization, and current marketing and outreach activities to update environmental assessments.
· Prepares a Market Analysis to include demographics, physician supply and demand, available market volume, local-regional-national trends.
· Prepares a competitive analysis to include competition profiles and market share information.
· Assists in the preparation of goals and ROI measurements.
· Development of an economic impact model
· Assist the Marketing Department in analysis of web and social media activity
· Support market research needs across the health system
3) Assist in the development and maintenance of information used to ensure compliance with state regulatory and administrative agencies and other healthcare organizations. Approximately 10% of responsibilities.
· Coordinates the completion of MHCC Quarterly Reports.
· Coordinates the completion of the Annual AHA Hospital Survey.
· Coordinates the completion of the Annual MHCC Bed Allocation Survey.
· Coordinates the completion of service line and departmental surveys, certifications & accreditations
· Coordinates the completion and compilation of analysis to support annual rating agency calls.
· Assists in the completion of other requests as needed.
4) Coordinates the development of inpatient and outpatient service line projections and oversite of market shift/share for the annual operating budget and strategic planning process. Approximately 20% of responsibilities.
· Meets with Department Directors, executives, and others to jointly develop data.
· Analyzes information relative to needs and strategy development.
· Develops quarterly market share reports
· Uses historical utilization, applies appropriate forecasting methods to generate forecasts.
5) Coordinates with the population health division the development of the annual community benefit report and the Community Health Needs Assessment. Approximately 10% of responsibilities.
· Meets with Population Health and others to jointly develop data needs
· Utilizes appropriate software and contracted services to extract necessary data
· Develop a process to analyze and monitor social determinants of health
· Develops a sustainable process for annual and tri-annual completion
6) Computer skills.
· Microsoft Office Suite Products (emphasis on Excel and Access)
· ESRI or other GIS Systems
Christopher C. Hall
V.P. / Chief Business Officer
Strategy & Business Development
Peninsula Regional Medical Center
100 E. Carroll Street
Salisbury, MD 21801