The Marketing Officer serves as the organization’s marketing and resource development professional and works with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to lead a comprehensive program of fundraising, grant writing, annual giving, events planning & execution, and marketing and communications.
• Represents SNHS at public meetings as needed.
• Leads fundraising strategy development for Board of Directors and provides direct support for the execution of the plan.
• Identifies potential contributors for general contributions and special project funding.
• Develop and maintain media databases
• Plans and coordinates special public events.
• Develops public relations/marketing materials that will enhance agency image, promote fund-raising, and makes a case for giving.
• Execute the organization’s social media program and manage SNHS website.
• Creates and publishes a semi-monthly e-newsletter, and the organization’s annual report.
• Work with Board members to establish active PR/Marketing committee.
• Maintains sound working relationships with all organizations that impact or are stakeholders in the mission and operations of SNHS. This includes clients/constituents, communities served, government agencies, foundations, banking institutions, corporations, non-profits sharing SNHS’s mission and community leaders.
• Seeks and develops partnerships with other organizations to leverage SNHS’s resources and capabilities in order to more effectively meet its mission. This includes program/project based partnering and affiliation with appropriate local, state and national groups.
• Assist in developing special events/workshops
• Oversee and coordinate annual NeighborWorks Week Events
General Office Duties
• Maintain updated list of contributors, board members, etc.
• Assist with telephone calls and walk-ins as needed.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism or a related field OR 3-5 years related experience in communications and fundraising.
• Ability to write and speak proficiently about affordable housing and community development issues.
• Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience with MS Office
• Strong oral, communication, and presentation skills.
• Proven ability to raise funds from sources similar to SNHS’s current mix of sources; experience in public relations.
e-mail me their resume. Thank you.