Junior Achievement: Empowering young people to own their economic future®
Junior Achievement of the Eastern Shore’s (JAES) purpose is to better prepare youth for the future. We teach financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship in K-12 in 6 counties on the shore. Our programs are delivered and brought to life by volunteers from the community. We are the liaison between the business community and education.
Junior Achievement associates are known for their passion for the JA mission that brings together business and education. Members of the JA team interact with community leaders who support JA with their time, treasure, and talent. Junior Achievement of the Eastern Shore offers a collaborative, inclusive work environment and the opportunity to impact the lives of young people in our community.
POSITION CONCEPT: The Community Outreach Coordinator is the county liaison to Junior Achievement of the Eastern Shore. The Community Outreach Coordinator will generate resources, including corporate sponsors, individual donors and foundation grants. This person will assist in creating business partnerships and business collaborations that help support the good work of JA, including recruitment of volunteers, training of volunteers and the retention of those volunteers. We serve the 6 counties here on the shore, this position will primarily cover Talbot and Caroline Counties. *part-time for one county and full-time for both
- Identify, prospect and develop business partnerships financial resources and volunteer resources.
- Meet with, present to and acquire financial resources, cultivate those relationships and recognize donors.
- Assist in planning and coordinating all JA events.
- Collaborate with community partners, i.e. Chamber of Commerce, Rotary, etc.
- Prepare materials for Board and Committee meetings.
- Support volunteer initiatives such as recruitment, retention and recognition.
- Supervise program quantity and quality.
- Other projects as required.
- No prior experience necessary
- High School Diploma
- We will train as needed
- Experience with recruitment, fundraising in any capacity and/or networking
- High Communication Skills: to include networking and presentations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to: sit, walk, occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, continually required to talk or hear, occasionally required to bend, lift, or climb, frequently required to lift and carry light weights (25-50 pounds), and specific vision abilities include: close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust or focus.
If you have any dynamo graduates that might be looking for a job… We are GROWING! We are hiring 3 positions ☺
President of Junior Achievement of the Eastern Shore
Financial Literacy * Work Readiness * Entrepreneurship
123 Camden Street Suite C., Salisbury, MD 21801
Office: 410-742-8112 | Mobile: 410-430-1640 | Fax: 410-742-2919
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.easternshoreja.org
Connect with us: Facebook |Twitter | LinkedIn