Junior Achievement: Empowering young people to own their economic success®
Junior Achievement of the Eastern Shore’s purpose is to inspire and prepare young people to own their own economic future. Junior Achievement reaches more than 8,000 students annually in relevant, hands-on learning experiences that teach young people to manage their money, plan for their economic future, own their own businesses, and develop readiness for careers or college.
Junior Achievement associates are known for their passion for the JA mission that brings together business and education to work with students in kindergarten through high school so they are empowered to own their economic success. Members of the JA team interact with community leaders who support JA with their time, treasure, and talent. Junior Achievement of the Eastern Shore offers a collaborative, inclusive work environment and the opportunity to impact the lives of young people in our community.
POSITION CONCEPT: This position oversees the fundraising/marketing campaigns to secure revenue that meets the business objectives for JA of the Eastern Shore in the 6 counties that they serve: Wicomico, Worcester, Somerset, Dorchester, Talbot and Caroline.
- Responsible for fundraising through operating gifts from companies and individuals, grants from private foundations, and marketing initiatives.
- Designs and oversees a stewardship program that effectively engages all constituents – alumni, staff, board, volunteers, and donors – to create an effective resource pipeline, increase retention of funder relationships, increase revenue from existing relationships, and enhance the JA brand.
- Organizes operating and program funding strategies.
- Fosters superior relationship building capacity with key partners such as board members, government entities, investors, foundations, corporate entities, volunteers, other non-profit agencies, educational institutions, and other constituents to manage fundraising campaigns through direct solicitations and proposals.
- Manages and/or collaborates with staff by creating a rewarding and collaborative work environment that assures achievement of the goals and objectives of the Development team. Sets and evaluates individual goals. Ensures appropriate training and mentoring.
- Prepares materials needed for organization’s meetings with current and prospective donors.
- Researches, identifies, and solicits companies, foundations, and individuals whose interests and priorities match current or R&D projects.
- Oversees production and distribution of outside communication to contributors, volunteers, and business partnerships.
- Oversees production of the Annual Report and all other communications and marketing pieces.
- Develops and executes all aspects of an effective marketing/communication plan, including all social media strategies, press releases, and special event notifications.
- Provides timely acknowledgements/thank you letters to all donors, and ensures they receive regular communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience, plus minimum 7 years of successful fundraising experience involving corporate and foundation solicitation.
- Proven relationship builder with business development and persuasion skills.
- Proven track record in grant development and fundraising initiatives. Proven experience in meeting deadlines and exceeding goals. Strong interpersonal, telephone, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities is essential. Good organizational skills. Proven ability to maintain confidential information.
- Must be proficient and experienced in Microsoft Office and fundraising database platforms.
- Must be energetic and willing to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of fundraising activities ranging from the routine/day-to-day to the highly creative/visible.
- Candidate should possess a strong work ethic and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends related to resource generation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills emphasizing public speaking, persuasive communication, effective listening, and ability to listen and translate concepts into language that connects with specific constituents.
- Candidate must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle transportation required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to: sit, walk, occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, continually required to talk or hear, occasionally required to bend, lift, or climb, frequently required to lift and carry light weights (25-50 pounds), and specific vision abilities include: close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust or focus.
If you have any dynamo graduates that might be looking for a job… We are GROWING! We are hiring 3 positions ☺
President of Junior Achievement of the Eastern Shore
Financial Literacy * Work Readiness * Entrepreneurship
123 Camden Street Suite C., Salisbury, MD 21801
Office: 410-742-8112 | Mobile: 410-430-1640 | Fax: 410-742-2919
email@example.com | www.easternshoreja.org
Connect with us: Facebook |Twitter | LinkedIn