Check out this job board. https://nokidhungrycareers.silkroad.com/ Visit frequetly. New additions arise frequently!
Here’s a good one!
TITLE: Development Associate
DEPARTMENT: Creative Enterprise & Development
REPORTS TO: Director, National Markets
ORGANIZATION: Share Our Strength
LOCATION: Washington, DC - HQ
DATE: July 2019
Since 1984, Share Our Strength® has led the fight against hunger and poverty by inspiring and organizing individuals and businesses to share their strengths. Today, through the No Kid Hungry and Cooking Matters campaigns, Share Our Strength is ending childhood hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need. No child should go hungry in America – we’re on our way to making that a reality and we want you to join us. We’re bold, creative, always open to new ideas, and 100% dedicated to our mission. If that sounds like you, we’d like you to consider becoming part of our team.
The Development Associate will be responsible for supporting and managing key operational and administrative functions of the development team. Although this position provides critical internal support they should also be experienced and adept at engaging (written and in person) with donors and key external stakeholders. and provide key administrative support to the Senior Vice President and Managing Director of Development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support the writing and production of fundraising materials, including letters, proposals, presentations, and other communications to prospective and existing funders and staff.
• Provide critical support for Senior Vice President and Managing Director in preparation for board, leadership council and other key meetings: coordinating meetings, collaboration on the agenda, providing briefing documents and materials, tracking and disseminating minutes and building timelines, following up and stewarding donors, and planning travel.
• Oversight of key financial management details of the department, including tracking expenses, expense reporting for two senior staff, and tracking and managing payment of all department invoices.
• Ensure effective communications across the team, including working in partnership with the Director of Development and Strategic Initiatives to create and revise meeting structures, setting and creating meeting schedules and agendas, and management of department calendar to maximize collaboration across the team.
• Support the project plan and completion of the development materials such as the impact report – a key instrument used to help drive year-end giving.
• Work closely and support the Managing Director to coordinate activities with the organization Market Leads, including coordinating and scheduling meetings, drafting materials, ensuring that action items are followed, building consistent processes and bringing new ideas.
• Assist with research of major gifts and events prospects and compile briefings for department directors and other key staff as appropriate.
• Ensure that pertinent information regarding donor interactions is entered into the database, particularly major gift engagement, foundation interactions, event activity, and the like.
• Research prospective fundraising sources and prepare documentation and materials for meetings and presentations as necessary.
• Perform special assignments and other duties upon request.
Has regular interaction with executive team members, senior staff, and donors.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Normal office work environment with up to 5% travel.
• Bachelor's degree and 2-5 years’ experience in a nonprofit or policy/campaign preferred.
• Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills; ability to adapt technical language for lay audiences, and ghostwrite for executive staff and volunteers.
• Ability to collaborate effectively and to work well as a member of a team.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively in a fluid, dynamic environment, meet multiple concurrent deadlines, and organize time and priorities.
• Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities while coordinating work flow in a deadline-driven and service-focused environment.
• Must be proactive and a self-starter with excellent problem-solving and implementation skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills: ability to maintain strong professional relationships with a range of groups in-person and by writing and phone, underscored by strong judgment and emotional intelligence.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications and Raiser’s Edge strongly preferred.
• Highly detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently and efficiently.
• Demonstrated interest in anti-hunger and anti-poverty issues.
This position is classified as non-exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act and is eligible for overtime pay.
At Share Our Strength, we value an individual’s diversity of backgrounds, experiences, ideas and perspectives. A hallmark of our history, culture and values has been the organization’s desire to bring together motivated, intelligent, and talented people to work together to find and implement solutions to eliminate childhood hunger. We each come to Share Our Strength with a unique background, but together we form a team that yields amazing results.
This shared value of encouraging and embracing diversity in our organization fosters a workplace and culture that is highlighted for its innovation, open expression of ideas, and collaboration. With a strong shared commitment to the organization’s mission, and a unique blend of individual strengths, we are all working toward ensuring that each child in America has food where they Live, Learn, and Play.