10 January 2017
Posting: Marketing Content and Social Media Intern
The NEO Fund is seeking a motivated, outgoing individual to assist with its social media platforms. This person is an early adaptor, has a passion for helping the poor and is a clear communicator with an astute sense of humor.
Open until filled
Part time, flexible hours averaging 10 hours/week for initial 3-month period
Unpaid; potential to develop into paid, part-time position beyond initial 3-month period
The Marketing Content and Social Media Intern will assist in creating content for The NEO Fund’s web site and social media outlets and will assist with other marketing and communications projects (e-blasts, press-releases, etc.).
● Collaborate with Executive and Creative Directors to develop content for website, blog, news updates, tips and quips, announcements and more — suitable for social media distribution
● Develop and schedule regular postings for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
● Develop our Flipboard Magazine, NGO Today
● Assist in formulating strategy to grow social media audiences
Experience and Skills
● Proficiency in Spanish a plus
● Strong writing skills (those with experience in journalism strongly encouraged to apply)
● Experience with Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (experience with Vertical Response, WordPress, Flipboard, and Slack a plus)
● Ability to manage time independently and meet clearly articulated work quota
Outcomes for Intern
The intern will end her or his tenure with a stronger portfolio of project work, professional writing experience, documented social media experience, experience working with Vertical Response, and experience working as an active member of a small team. The intern will learn about marketing in the nonprofit sector and will be involved in strategy discussions.
Additional Information and Oversight
Reports to Creative Director. If receiving academic credit, a learning agreement will be executed between the intern, The NEO Fund and the academic institution giving credit. This internship position is 10-20 hours a week with opportunity for it to be configured as semester long or other. Specific days and hours are negotiable.
How to Apply.
Email cover letter, resume, writing samples and two professional references to Cheryl Nemazie at email@example.com. Use “Interest in Internship” in email subject line.
t| +1.410.430.6105 firstname.lastname@example.org www.theneofund.org
Qualified applicants will be contacted and asked to perform a short writing task prior to being interviewed. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply; The NEO Fund is an EOE. No phone calls please.
The NEO Fund
The NEO Fund is a 501(c)(3) focused on serving the poor through sustainable community development via micro-lending and child-aid programs by working through established local organizations in some of the most impoverished communities of the developing world.