Junior Achievement: Empowering young people to own their economic success®
Junior Achievement of the Eastern Shore’s purpose is to inspire and prepare young people to own their own economic future. Junior Achievement reaches more than 8,000 students annually in relevant, hands-on learning experiences that teach young people to manage their money, plan for their economic future, own their own businesses, and develop readiness for careers or college.
Junior Achievement associates are known for their passion for the JA mission that brings together business and education to work with students in kindergarten through high school so they are empowered to own their economic success. Members of the JA team interact with community leaders who support JA with their time, treasure, and talent. Junior Achievement of the Eastern Shore offers a collaborative, inclusive work environment and the opportunity to impact the lives of young people in our community.
POSITION CONCEPT: The Program Coordinator implements and coordinates daily operations of all JA programming, assures that all administrative procedures are implemented and the volunteers are secured and trained. The position also increases public awareness for all programs, plans methods of volunteer recognition, assures program quality, implementation and expansion, maintains strong relationships with volunteers, teachers and schools.
- Recruits program volunteers to meet program goals my securing new sources of volunteers and renewal from existing volunteer sources. Develops and delivers recruiting presentations.
- Assures program quality and assist with program evaluation.
- Develops and implements volunteer orientation programs, i.e., training, developing orientation materials.
- Schedules volunteers/teachers, orders program material, manages program material inventory, distributes registration and evaluation forms.
- Assists in recognition of volunteers, teachers, and administrators.
- Assists in program reporting to the board.
- Attends and participates in community groups and events that lead to volunteer partnerships.
- No prior experience necessary
- High School Diploma
- We will train as needed
- Experience with recruitment, networking, training or educational programs.
- CRM Management a plus
- High Communication Skills: to include networking, trainings and presentations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to: sit, walk, occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, continually required to talk or hear, occasionally required to bend, lift, or climb, frequently required to lift and carry light weights (25-50 pounds), and specific vision abilities include: close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust or focus.
If you have any dynamo graduates that might be looking for a job… We are GROWING! We are hiring 3 positions ☺
President of Junior Achievement of the Eastern Shore
Financial Literacy * Work Readiness * Entrepreneurship
123 Camden Street Suite C., Salisbury, MD 21801
Office: 410-742-8112 | Mobile: 410-430-1640 | Fax: 410-742-2919
email@example.com | www.easternshoreja.org
Connect with us: Facebook |Twitter | LinkedIn